Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Campagnolo Electronic: "STAY TUNED!"

Back in July, 2011, Campagnolo had a statement on their website, "STAY TUNED! Our new electronic transmission, currently successfully used by Movistar team, will be soon available in the market place."

Today, at the Eurobike show in Friedrichshafen, Germany, Campagnolo continued to hint with this poster that its electronic gruppo for the consumer market is close to being announced:


Opinion: Enough already, start selling it!

Related stories (among many, use custom search feature on right margin):
Giro:Movistar Pinarello with Campagnolo Electronic
Campagnolo Electronic at Tour of Flanders

Follow on Twitter: ITALIANCYCJOURN

Stories for the Italian Cycling Journal about rides, granfondos, touring, having a good time cycling in Italy, Italian cycling history, etc. are always welcome. Contact me at veronaman@gmail.com. There are more than 2,000 stories in this blog. The search feature to the right works best for finding subjects in the blog. There is also a translate button at the bottom so you can translate each page.

5 comments:

  1. We hope this is a good decision by Campagnolo (a supplier to CycleItalia) but for us, electronically controlled shifting remains an answer to an unasked question.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I wonder if fans of Italian cycling culture and Campagnolo in particular are more concerned about catching up to others in this area or if they are actually excited about the product and very much want to lay their hands on electronic shifting for their own bikes.

    I personally have no desire to fix what's not broken, but I'm a late adopter for most things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree...I'm happy with what I have and see no need to add electronic shifting to a bicycle. Hopefully it's not a flop for Campy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh. First it was adding another cog for "11!" Now e-shifting. So how much is this gruppo going to be? $4,000 USD? I love Campy, but might make the jump to SRAM next year because I'm growing tired of paying the Campy premium. $130+ more for a cassette over SRAM or Shimano is just ridiculous at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It made sense to me that Campagnolo focused on developing the 11 speed first, rather than electronics. That 27 sprocket will come in handy on the new bike I just ordered but I didn't rush out and buy the 11 speed when it was first introduced because I had a fairly new Record 10 gruppo which has served me well for the last eight years and shifts as well or better than it did on day one. I am willing to pay a premium for that kind of quality as I tend to hold on to my bikes for longer than most people.

    ReplyDelete