Sunday, November 21, 2010

Pozzato Pouch to Raise Funds for Veneto Flood Victims



Filippo Pozzato, the cycling champion of Team Katusha, is mobilizing to provide help to the people affected by the recent flooding in the Veneto region. As examples of the destruction the photo above shows the historic district in Vicenza, and you can see read here how Selle SMP was devastated.

“Seeing the roads of my home flooded, those on which I learned to ride a bike, gave me great sadness,” says Pozzato

Pozzato is donating 10,000 Euro to institutions that will assist with the reconstruction of houses damaged by flooding. This donation matches that of a charity organized in collaboration with Sci’Con, the Italian manufacturer of bike bags and travel cases. Sci’Con products are imported in to the US by Albabici.

Together, Pozzato and Sci’Con created the Pippo Pouch, a multifunctional lightweight microfiber bag (dimensions 30×40 cm) that can hold a change of clothing, shoes, and helmets or even used as a travel laundry bag.

The Pozzato Pouch is available on www.sciconbags.com at a standard price of 10 Euro; or signed by Pozzato himself at the cost of 20 Euro. Proceeds will go to flood victims of Veneto.

“Today I live in Monaco,” says Pozzato, “but my heart remains firmly planted in my homeland. I’m not used to advertising benefits of my actions, but I want to raise public awareness on a disaster about which one cannot remain impassive. This is why I say to all sports people today: buy that bag and those families who have lost everything, will thank you. It is a small gesture to rebuild hope.”

ICJ Reader contribution contest will run 1 January to 15 February, 2011. Details here.

Stories for the Italian Cycling Journal about rides, granfondos, having a good time cycling in Italy, Italian cycling history, etc. are very welcome. Contact me at veronaman@gmail.com. There are more than 1,600 stories in this blog. The search feature to the right works best for finding subjects in the blog. There is also an Italian weather widget along the right side and a translate button at the bottom so you can translate each page. What I'm riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment